Multiple positions at 19 hours per week or less.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Performing the following will involve driving to various locations outside OMSI's corporate headquarters.
- Construct high-quality interactive exhibits and experiences using various types of wood, plastics, fabrics, metals, and finishing materials
- Set up and operate, with a high degree of safety, various machines and hand tools
- Integration of electro mechanical interfaces
- Construct carts and/or crates that ensure the safe transportation of exhibitions
- Responsible for the repair and refurbishment of interactive exhibits and experiences
- Regular cleaning and maintenance of shop space and equipment
- Work with exhibit development teams to resolve project concerns and/or problems that may arise during the project development, design and build phases
- Ensure the production of projects are within constraints of timelines and budget.
- This position is non-exempt, paid hourly
- This position is on-call, scheduled for <19 hours/week.
- Thorough knowledge of all standard tools and processes for production of interactive exhibits and experiences.
- Demonstrated knowledge of exhibit fabrication – finish carpentry/cabinet-making skills/woodworking.
- Working knowledge of mechanical devices and their integration into exhibits.
- Working knowledge of electronic and electrical construction as related to exhibit experiences.
- 3 years of fabrication experience.
- Pass a pre-employment criminal background check and Motor Vehicle Record check.
- $18.00 - $20.00 per hour, depending on experience.
- Eligible for Oregon Sick.
- Free OMSI annual membership
- Reciprocal Employee Attractions Pass – Valid for two free general admissions to 25 Oregon attractions
Find out more.