Salary: $23.00 - $26.00 Hourly
Eligible for health benefits and Oregon Sick time
The Fabrication Lead is responsible for day to day oversight of fabrication personnel and vendors on assigned projects, and fabricating exhibit components. The Fabrication Lead is a hands-on position, working closely with the Exhibits Production Manager to assign daily tasks and be a resource to fabricators. This position also assists the Exhibits Production Manager with estimating projects, ordering and maintaining material and consumable stocks. The Fabrication Lead divides their time between focusing on front-end planning, and fabricating exhibits. This role serves to develop a culture of continuous improvement and encourages employee involvement to improve all processes.
- Participate in programs/initiatives to enhance corporate culture, such as:
- Working effectively with and supporting volunteers throughout the organization
- Supporting OMSI's Total Guest Experience (TGE)/Customer Service mission & objectives in daily job performance, including diversity initiatives
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Performing the following will involve driving to various locations outside OMSI's corporate headquarters
- Review plans and documentation on assigned projects to ensure constructability and quality standards.
- Assist with estimating resources, researching and ordering materials and maintaining inventory.
- Under the direction of the Fabrication Manager, coordinate the production staff and specific projects.
- Supervise fabrication staff, including on-calls, volunteers and interns.
- Assist with developing and managing vendor relationships related to exhibit fabrication.
- Assist with developing and maintaining timelines, schedules, and project budgets.
- Fabricate high-quality interactive exhibit and experiences with a high degree of safety and emphasis on high quality finish work using materials appropriate to the project.
- Model and promote positive communication and collaboration within the organization.
- Coordinate with the Traveling Exhibits Manager on refurb and repairs to traveling exhibits.
- This position is non-exempt, paid hourly
- This position is special project, scheduled for 40 hours/week.
Deadline for application July 5, 2020.