UCAN Employment Opportunity
AmeriCorps Program Manager - Remote Capable
Closing Date: December 2, 2020
Salary Range: $18.98 - $23.00; plus benefits
- Work with non-profit organizations, schools, and governmental entities to develop United Communities AmeriCorps projects in Douglas, Josephine, Coos, Curry and Jackson Counties.
- Assist host sites in developing member assignment descriptions and work plans to address needs identified by host sites.
- Develop orientation and training programs for members and site supervisors in service area.
- Assist site supervisors to recruit, screen and select members to serve at the host sites.
- Coordinate supervision of members within the various participating agencies.
Essential Functions of the Job:
- Develop and implement host site recruitment and selection process. Design and implement request for proposals for
organizations interested in partnering with UCAN’s AmeriCorps program. Provide training and workshops; assess quality of in-service training and supervision of members; attend site events.
- Prepare Memorandums of Understanding between UCAN and partner agencies prior to start date of member(s). Coordinate member job duties with participating agencies. Ensure each partner agency understands and commits to National Service program requirements and expectations prior to the member’s start date by reviewing AmeriCorps host site handbook, development thorough project timelines, and developing AmeriCorps Project Workplans. Ensure all appropriate paperwork is completed for new members. Meet twice yearly with each member and site supervisor.
- Provide management and technical support to National Service sites regarding member positions, member recruitment, reporting on progress toward performance measures, supervising members, conflict resolution and other issues.
- Direct, supervise, assign work to, set priorities and monitor work performance of program lead, and if applicable any national service team leaders, and is involved in selection and evaluation. Ensure work is compliant with federal and state regulations. Assume accountability for work performed within the program. Establish and interpret policy and procedure.
- Prepare financial, project and member records, reports, program forms/documents and statistical information. Complete AmeriCorps program grant applications for approval by Chief Operations Officer. Establish and/or revise AmeriCorps goals, objectives, policies and procedures. Ensure compliance with grant guidelines regarding administration, records, evaluation and reporting.
- Prepare media releases, program collateral, and public relations materials. Maintain and update the United Communities AmeriCorps google site to ensure all resources, forms/documents, and announcements are current (www.ucamericorps.org).
- Represent the agency to the public and other agencies and
interpret policies and regulations and advise program directors, employees and the public. Act as liaison between partner agencies and Oregon Volunteers, the state Commission on Voluntary Service & Action. Participate in AmeriCorps meetings, trainings and other events. Communicate and collaborate with other AmeriCorps programs as needed.
NOTE: Regular and consistent attendance is required. Work will be performed during regular business hours with some travel, off-site meetings and based on program need. Remote work friendly.
Find out more.