The Research and Evaluation Strategist assists with the management of the Engagement Research and Advancement division by advancing division strategies, external and internal relationships, staff development, project development and project implementation. In addition, the Research and Evaluation Strategist designs, executes, and facilitates systematic evaluation and research studies for exhibits, programs, museum initiatives, and associated proposals.
- Salary: $19.17 - $20.82 hourly
- Regular - Part-Time
- Eligible for Oregon Sick time.
Participate in programs/initiatives to enhance corporate culture, such as:
- Working effectively with and supporting volunteers throughout the organization
- Supporting OMSI's Total Guest Experience (TGE)/Customer Service mission & objectives in daily job performance, including diversity initiatives
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Performing the following will involve driving to various locations outside OMSI's corporate headquarters:
- Manage engagement research, evaluation, and impacts activities with lenses of community and learner diversity, inclusion, accessibility, and equity
- Assist with the management of the division by cultivating and advancing division strategies, relationships, staff development, proposal development, and project development.
- Lead aspects of management systems related to project acquisition, finances, staffing, training, and project oversight.
- Responsible for monitoring research and evaluation plan design, implementation, and proposal development on designated projects.
- Responsible for mentoring and supporting staff members and volunteers, including supervision of staff on designated projects.
- Regularly confer with supervisees in order to monitor supervisees' work and assure compliance of projects.
- Confer with Manager and other division staff as appropriate to ensure supervisees' completion of duties and overall satisfaction with the supervisees' work.
- Support division project management, division budget development and administration, and participate in division annual work plan development.
- Develop and implements research and evaluation plans for individual projects, including the design research and evaluation protocol and instruments.
- Coordinate and/or execute evaluation activities, including literature reviews, data collection, data analysis, interpretation, reporting, and dissemination.
- Facilitate involvement of other museum staff in research and evaluation, as appropriate.
- Help develop and advance research priorities list
- Support planning, procurement, implementation, documentation, and timely reporting of grants
- Facilitate organizational and team processes including ideating, framework development, planning, and decision-making.
- Lead or contribute to organizational committees and initiatives; liaison with other OMSI centers to support new project development and OMSI's mission.
- Assess educational and experiential value of existing and developing exhibits and programs
- Manage division activities and budgets
- Manage division paid and unpaid personnel including hiring, workplans, and contracts
- Define and facilitate involvement of community and research advisors in the project and organizational processes.
- Lead and support government, foundation, sales, and organizational funding opportunities, including proposal development
- Nurture relationships with collaborators in communities and aligned fields
- Manage and conduct primary research and evaluation and communicate findings, serving in roles including planning, project and study design, relationship management, project management, project facilitation, project implementation, and information synthesis, interpretation, and delivery.
- Serve as project lead, as assigned, which includes leading the fulfillment of project charters.
- Frame, coordinate, and regularly share research and evaluation findings with internal and external, professional and public OMSI communities
- Monitor and maintain standards of primary research and evaluation
- Support standards of science content research and science learning experience development
- Advocate that the highest standards of scientific/educational integrity and accessibility are maintained in all OMSI exhibits and activities developed within the exhibits department.
- Participate in the development and implementation of strategies to enhance the visitor engagement and learning at OMSI.
- Support OMSI's Human Research Protection Procedures including Informed consent position statement, Institutional Review Board requirements, and Visitor Studies Review Team
- Represent OMSI's Engagement Research and Advancement activities in local, regional, and national settings, displaying leadership skills that position OMSI for success in each setting.
Position open until filled.