Founded in 2006 to educate, preserve and celebrate our region’s rich Hellenic cultural heritage, the Hellenic-American Cultural Center & Museum of Oregon and SW Washington (HACCM).
- Gathers, preserves and shares the knowledge of the Hellenic (Greek) American experience in Oregon and SW Washington
- Celebrates the rich cultural tradition brought to this region by Hellenes
- Honors the activities and accomplishments of Hellenic Americans
Compensation package starting at $60,000 annual salary plus benefits, commensurate with experience and other qualifications. Quality benefits package includes health insurance, retirement plan and paid time off.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
The Hellenic-American Cultural Center & Museum seeks an Executive Director to join its engaged team. The all-volunteer organization has a dedicated board, volunteers and donors. As the first professional staff member, the Executive Director will coordinate the fundraising, communications, strategic planning, and board development of HACCM. Working with the organization’s board, the Executive Director will oversee the implementation of the strategic plan, assure that the organization’s various cultural and educational programs are effectively marketed and produced, that administrative functions are efficient and effective, and properly develop, track and meet budgets.
The successful candidate will also serve as the primary spokesperson to HACCM’s patrons, the media, schools, and the general public.Our ideal candidate will be a strong, collaborative leader, skilled at creating and motivating solid teams of volunteers.
The successful candidate will be a strategic thinker, able to see the big picture, while simultaneously assuring operational effectiveness to create success.
The ideal candidate will be a talented fund raising professional, with a solid track record of building deep donor relationships, using a hands-on approach to cultivate and steward donors so they are inspired to increase their giving. This crucial work is necessary to move HACCM forward to a sustainable future, and to create the kind of donor base needed to support an anticipated capital campaign.
Fundraising and Communications - approximately 60% of workload: Work with the board to develop resources sufficient to ensure the financial health of the organization.
- Create and implement a sound fundraising plan, including strategies for engaging individual donors, corporate sponsors and foundations.
- Assuring an appropriate and active role for board members, key volunteers and donors.
- Develop and maintain key donor, volunteer and stakeholder relationships to assure the best possible participation level in the fundraising plan.
- Cultivate donors, solicit donations, and steward donors effectively.
Organization Mission and Strategy – approximately 20% of workload: Provide leadership to the board and staff to ensure that the mission is fulfilled through programs, strategic planning and community outreach.
Find out more
- Enhance HACCM’s image by being active and visible in the community and by working closely with other professional, civic and private organizations.
- Oversee implementation and marketing of HACCM programs and exhibitions to carry out the organization’s mission.
- Lead the board to conduct strategic planning to ensure that HACCM successfully fulfills its mission.