The Junior Research and Evaluation Associate leads some Evaluation and Visitor Studies activities while providing assistance on others. Activities may include proposal writing, literature reviews, study design, data collection, data entry, data analysis, and report writing. Activities will support exhibit, program, and organizational development.
Participate in programs/initiatives to enhance corporate culture, such as:
- Working effectively with and supporting volunteers throughout the organization
- Supporting OMSI's Total Guest Experience (TGE)/Customer Service mission & objectives in daily job performance, including diversity initiatives
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Serve as a team member of OMSI divisions, projects, and committees as assigned; liaison with other divisions as appropriate for the position.
- Help assess educational and experiential value of existing and developing exhibits and programs
- Initiate and/or support OMSI's research and evaluation process for individual projects.
- Lead or support the development of research and evaluation instruments.
- Lead or support the preparation and execution of data activities including literature reviews, data collection, and data analysis as assigned.
- Compile research and evaluation findings, interpret data, develop recommendations, and/or write final report.
- Lead or support reporting and dissemination processes
- Help manage project budgets and timelines as assigned
- Liaise with external collaborators, clients, and contractors, including helping to manage contracts, as assigned
- Support organizational and team processes including ideating, framework development, planning, and decision-making.
- Support ethical treatment of human research and evaluation participants. Complete related training as required
- Support accessibility and inclusion
- Support fiscal responsibility
- Support practices for gathering evidence for informed decisions and actions
- This position is non-exempt, paid hourly
- Salary $19.95 - $21.25
- This position is On-Call, scheduled for <19 hours/week.