Salary: $15-17 per hour depending on experience for 25-29 hours per week, including Sundays.
The World of Speed Archive focuses on providing preservation and access of the Collection. The Associate Archivist takes part in multiple aspects of collection engagement from processing to cataloging, exhibition, storage, and care.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Primary Focus: Cataloging new acquisitions into the online collection catalog (ContentDM)
- Process collection donations and loans and organize in sync with the Archive’s collection catalog structures
- Photograph collection items and prepare them for storage or exhibition
- Define, input and upload collection item metadata with connected digital object
- Develop organizational structure of collection with assistance from the Archive & Collection Manager
- Assist in accessioning of collection donations and loans
- Assist in identifying and pulling items requested by researchers and for social media posts
- Assist in receiving collection donation and loans from the public
- Assist in Archive activities such as the quarterly Archives in the Gallery events
- Assist in developing rotating Archive Room displays
- Assist Archive volunteers in their pre-cataloging collection organizing projects
- Academic knowledge of archives, library, or museum science, including theory and scope
- Ease with Microsoft Office for PC, photo editing software, and collection catalog platforms
- Detail-oriented data entry into collection catalog, donor files, and associated records
- Ability to utilize or learn digital conversion, editing and uploading
- Adheres to environment and security measures while interacting with the collection
- Ability to interact with patrons during Archive Room open hours
- Works easily independently as well as under direction
Historical racing knowledge not required but a willingness to know and understand the collection is necessary.
Find out more.