$54,400 - $67,000 per year
The Oregon Museum of Science and Industry (OMSI), in Portland, OR, is seeking a regular, full-time Exhibits Production Manager who will be responsible for the daily management, planning, and operations of the exhibits fabrication facility.
The Exhibits Production Manager (EPM) is a hands on position, working closely with all fabricators to assure on-time and on-budget exhibits fabrication delivery. This includes daily task assignments to all fabricators, scheduling and planning for daily, weekly, monthly project delivery. The EPM works in collaboration with the Director of Exhibit Production for developing, implementing and sustaining of LEAN processes and procedures across teams and departments. The EPM works in collaboration with the Director of Exhibits Production and Creative Director to align OMSI’s brand standards, environmental guidelines, organizational values, learning outcomes, and guest experience goals. This position requires a hands-on person who can work in an action oriented environment, manage multiple projects while embracing continuous improvement and innovative thinking. This role serves to develop a culture of continuous improvement, and encourages employee involvement to improve all processes.
What you’ll need:
- Thorough knowledge of two- and three-dimensional design, including CAD.
- Thorough knowledge of exhibit construction techniques, materials, production processes, and practices.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, manage, and develop high performance teams.
- Advanced knowledge of LEAN principles.
- Computer skills including database systems.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a related field with experience in a production environment.
- Minimum 4 years of production and fabrication management, including staff supervision, multiple project management, and budget responsibility.
- LEAN Manufacturing Certification.
- Pass pre-employment checks such as criminal background check and reference checks.
- Competitive health benefits.
- Vacation, Personal Days, Sick Days, and Holiday pay!
Visit https://omsi.applicantpool.com/jobs/333911.html to learn more or apply!
Position closes on May 25, 2019.