Job Title: Collections Specialist
Reports To: Museum, Executive Director
Close Date: April 16, 2019
I. Job Purpose:
Under the general supervision of the Museum Executive Director, the Collection Care Manager is responsible for the care and registration operations for the Museum’s permanent collection. The Collection Care Manager maintains all aspects of documenting objects in the permanent collection, and objects on loan to the museum, while on exhibition, in storage, and in transit.
II. Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Day-to-day management of the permanent collection (objects, archives, resource library), including internal movement and storage of objects
- Maintain all collections records, including database records: accessions, deaccessions, donor files, loans, condition reports, etc.
- Provide collections support for exhibit installations and de-installations
- Manage the collections digitization project
- Prepare objects for incoming and outgoing loans including all associated paperwork, travel arrangements, and packing and handling of objects
- Monitor environmental quality, maintenance, and security of collections and exhibits on a regular basis
- Work with other staff, volunteers and student interns in the training and advising of all collection care best practices and computer data entry.
- Provide general visitors services including gift shop sales and reception duties as required.
- Such other duties as may be assigned.
Find out more and apply.