Position: Executive Director
Description: Oversee and supervise the daily operations of a 501(c) (3) historical society and museum on a part time basis under the direction of the Executive Committee of the Society. This position is part time averaging 22 hours per week (off season) and 32 hours per week (Memorial Day through Labor Day) with two weeks paid vacation per year as a benefit. The Yaquina Pacific Railroad Historical Society is an equal opportunity employer.
Salary: Average annualized salary is $24,900 per year.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Ensure that the Museum is open to the public on its scheduled days and hours of operation;
- Function as administrator and manager for the Society and Museum, including maintenance of office files, membership files and the collection of membership dues;
- Prepare correspondence on behalf of the Society, including timely grant application, meeting notices, periodic newsletters and news releases;
- Provide volunteer recruitment, training, coordination and management;
- Receive artifact donations and prepare documents appropriate to their accession by the Museum;
- Prepare, organize and monitor operating and project budgets with the Society treasurer, ensuring compliance with County, State and IRS regulations;
- Represent the Society in interactions with public and private organizations;
- Recruit, train, and coordinate volunteer docents; serve as a back-up docent;
- Implement a marketing program for the Society and Museum to increase membership and donations;
- Schedule, coordinate, conduct and oversee Museum facility maintenance and artifact restoration projects;
- Function as the Emergency Coordinator in the event of a calamity;
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the Executive Committee of the Society.
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic leader;
- Excellent writing and verbal skills;
- Computer literacy and social media skills;
- Basic knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting;
- Volunteer management and coordination;
- Knowledge of proper museum accession, storage, conservation, display, and de-accession of artifacts;
- Articulation of the mission and goals of the Society and Museum;
- Knowledge of fund raising and grant development;
- Experience managing multiple tasks and projects to successful completion;
- Experience managing positive relationships within the Society, with other community organizations, with funding sources and with donors.
Email resume with cover letter to email@example.com or mail resume with cover letter to:
Yaquina Pacific Railroad Historical Society
PO Box 119
Toledo, OR 97391