The Oregon Historical Society is currently accepting applications for a Digital Collections Assistant. This is a good opportunity for a current or prospective archives student to gain experience and understanding of digitization and metadata creation processes, while helping to support the OHS Digital Collections.
The Digital Collections Assistant assists with digitization and metadata creation for the Oregon Historical Society's digital collections.
This position is non-exempt, part time, and temporary with a schedule of 10 hours per week through December 31, 2019. The position does not qualify for benefits. The position does not provide relocation assistance.
- $15.00 Hourly
- This position is not eligible for benefits.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILLITIES
- Digitize a variety of library materials, including photographic and manuscript materials.
- Create metadata for digitized materials in accordance with OHS library procedures and adopted standards.
- Digitizes photographs, documents and other archival materials using digital imaging and editing software, including Silverfast and Photoshop.
- Creates original or copy metadata for archival materials.
- Rehouses archival materials.
- Reports progress and statistics to Digital Collections Manager on a monthly and as-needed basis.
- Maintains punctual, regular and predictable attendance.
- Works collaboratively in a team environment with a spirit of cooperation.
- Displays excellent communication skills including presentation, persuasion, and negotiation skills required in working with coworkers, visitors and volunteers and including the ability to communicate effectively and remain calm and courteous under pressure.
- Respectfully takes direction from supervisor.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Find out more.