Job Title: Education Program Manager
1 Year - $42,000 FT
Hybrid remote & Employee status after year one for right applicant.
Maxville Heritage Interpretive Center seeks a program manager experienced in the field of nonprofit management, museums and cultural resource and education. The role is focused on three areas:
1) public outreach and education
2) curriculum development for learners of all ages
3) grant management and project execution.
Maxville Heritage Interpretive Center (MHIC) is dedicated to gathering, preserving, and sharing the rich history of African American, Indigenous, and immigrant loggers in the Pacific Northwest. We utilize inclusive stories of multicultural logging communities to better connect the experiences of immigrants and migrants to a larger American narrative. Our goal is to share Oregon’s multiethnic logging history and to provide access to educational materials of these important histories to the public. We direct educational programs for learners of all ages, host events celebrating logging history, staff a visitor center, collaborate on artistic projects, and present a traveling exhibit.
● Develop and support online, in class and outdoor school curriculum - Appropriate cultural inclusion and DEAI application
● Develop curriculum delivery staff, volunteers and (college) interns
○ Curriculum delivery includes BIPOC delivery staff/interns/volunteers
● Arrange and secure facilities services
● Project management
○ Album project
○ Collaborating on the execution of the Maxville townside acquisition and development project with a focus on educational service delivery
○ Write interim and final grant reports
Who you are
● You are an experienced presenter and skilled communicator
● You are curious and motivated to learn
● You have experience developing curricula, teaching a range of audiences, and meeting learning outcomes
● You have demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, access, and inclusion and lived experience building relationships with a wide range of stakeholders
● You are creative, flexible, and comfortable in a dynamic, rapidly changing environment
● You are comfortable being part of a small, mighty team that gets a lot done
● You are an effective collaborator
● You are detail oriented but can also see the big picture
● You can follow visionary leadership but also work independently
● You care deeply about your work and your relationship
Find out more.