- Title: Executive Director
- Reports to: Board of Directors
- Primary Liaison: Board President
- Directly supervises: Management team
- Salary: $107,500/year plus benefits
The Executive Director of the Pittock Mansion Society is the public face of the organization and has overall responsibility for its day-to-day operations. The Executive Director reports to the Board of Directors, works closely with the Board President, and oversees staff. The Executive Director plays a key role in fund development, building and maintaining relationships with major donors and grantors. They develop positive, productive relations with the City of Portland and the Department of Portland Parks and Recreation to ensure maintenance and capital investments in the historic building and grounds. The Executive Director works with the management team to ensure excellent museum operations and fiscal management, public programs and collaborations, community relations, and the development and implementation of approved strategic and work plans.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Report to and work closely with the Board of Directors.
- Prioritize negotiation and engagement with the City of Portland.
- Foster Board members’ involvement in policy decisions, fundraising, and promoting Pittock Mansion and its mission.
- Develop, monitor, implement, and update the strategic plan with board and staff.
- Serve as Pittock Mansion’s primary spokesperson to its constituents, funders, the media, and the general public.
- Lead Pittock Mansion’s diversity, equity, accessibility, and inclusion work and, with the Board of Directors, support those values in all aspects of the organization.
- Recruit, establish standards for, supervise, and motivate the management team. Provide leadership to all staff and volunteers.
- Actively engage in fundraising including relationship building, gift solicitation and stewardship.
- Oversee annual work plans and budgets with management team; ensure their monitoring and timely reporting to the Board.
- Foster strategic relationships with affinity groups, community organizations, business, and government to preserve Pittock Mansion and advance its mission.
- Review and approve material contracts for services.
- Other duties as assigned by the Board of Directors
Preferred Education, Experience, Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in history, museology, arts/cultural management, or related field, or commensurate experience; Master’s degree preferred.
- 5+ years continuous experience in managerial and/or executive leadership, preferably in a not-for-profit organization, a museum, or cultural institution.
- Demonstrated experience with change-management
- Excellent verbal, written, and organizational skills.
- Proven experience and success with major gifts fundraising, strategic planning, and fiscal management.
- Successful management of a public-private partnership preferred.
- Proficiency with standard office systems, programs
- Must be willing and able to work some nights and weekends.
Physical Activities / Environmental Conditions
- Light to medium work that may include moving objects up to 30 pounds
- Workstations may not be in a climate-controlled environment
- Wearing of personal protective equipment (e.g. face covering, gloves) may be required
- Pittock Mansion is a 100-year-old home with quirks and personality.
Nonprofit Professionals Now is pleased to be supporting Pittock Mansion in the hiring of their next Executive Director. We look forward to reviewing your resume and cover letter submitted at the job portal: https://wvdo-or.hiringthing.com/job/357384/executive-director-pittock-mansion.
Application Deadline: January 18, 2022.