- Portland, OR, USA
- $65,000 - $70,000 per year
- Regular - Full-Time
The Senior Project Manager is responsible for planning, executing, and evaluating a wide range of complex projects at OMSI, from strategic planning priorities and exhibit development to capital projects. They are responsible for providing project management from inception to completion, which includes budgets, timelines, deliverables, and managing teams in service of a successful and sustainable business model. The Senior Project Manager will lead in establishing norms of project management.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Project Management:
- Work with project sponsors and stakeholders to outline project scope, objectives and commitments, deliverables, required resources, budget, timelines, and team responsibilities;
- Work as a resource - that provides direction to others - on exhibit and/or strategic projects, facilitates meetings, tracks project timelines and goals, and oversees resource allocation;
- Clearly communicate expectations to team members, and hold accountability for deliverables;
- Ensure all project documents are archived following project completion;
- Recruit, contract, and manage appropriate internal and external resources. Ensure that they are properly integrated into the project team. Manage contract terms and renewals as appropriate.
- Process Leadership and Facilitation Design:
- Design, lead, and implement new processes and facilitation design in support of organizational priorities;
- Employ technology tools to achieve innovative outcomes and strategic objectives;
- Work with cross-functional stakeholders and provide mentorship for other project managers and project leads.
- Visioning and Conceptual Leadership for Strategic Initiatives:
- Provide thought leadership for strategic initiatives, and develop complex concepts into actionable work that directly supports long-term strategic objectives;
- Define project design characteristics, content requirements, and success metrics that will guide multi-year initiatives from inception to completion;
- Provide content development leadership for strategic projects and experience design.
- You must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or qualify for an accommodation under the ADA for medical or religious reasons
- This position is exempt, paid salaried;
- This position is regular full-time scheduled for 40 hours/week;
- This position may require occasionally working on some weekends, holidays, and/or evenings;
- You must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or qualify for an accommodation under the ADA for medical or religious reasons;
- Physical Demands: 85% sitting, 15% standing, 0% lifting/carrying/pushing 0 lbs;
- Vision Demands include:
- Close vision (clear vision at 20 inches of less);
- Distance vision (clear vision at 20 feet or more);
- Color vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors);
- Depth and perception (three dimensional vision, ability to judge distance and spatial relationships);
- Environmental Demands include:
- Work near moving mechanical parts
- Noise Levels include:
- Quiet (examples: library, private office)
- Moderate (examples: business office with computers and printers, light traffic)
- Loud (examples: metal can manufacturing department, large earth-moving equipment)
Secondary Job Responsibilities
Provide support to your departmental and divisional teams. Secondary responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Support grant proposal development through scope and budget definition;
- Support hiring of staff as needed. Tasks may include phone screens, budget analysis, job description generation, interview screening, or development of onboarding plans and materials;
- Support general divisional and/or departmental administrative tasks, which may include purchasing, invoicing, and contract processing;
- Additional responsibilities as assigned by direct supervisor or other key stakeholders.
Application deadline October 27, 2021.
Find out more.