About the Foundation
The Roundhouse Foundation is a private family foundation based in Sisters, Oregon, with a mission to support creative projects and organizations through art, environmental conservation, social services, community leadership, and education. The Foundation’s vision is to create a positive impact through collaboration in communities by encouraging creative problem solving, supporting innovative programming, and stimulating the economy. Roundhouse Foundation employees embrace and advance the common values of the organization: community enrichment, cross-generational support, arts and cultural awareness, and catalyzing change.
Pine Meadow Ranch Center for the Arts & Agriculture, a program of The Roundhouse Foundation, is a 260-acre working ranch serving as a learning lab for conservation, regenerative agricultural practices and creatively supporting economic development in a rural community. The Ranch also hosts a seasonal artist in residence program. The vision of the PMRCCA is to improve the well-being of people and place through the arts, stewardship, and sustainable agriculture, with the goal of preserving the land, views, and other assets of the historic ranch for years to come.
The Communications Associate supports both external and internal communications as well as provides project-related support for Foundation and PMRCAA staff. The Communications Associate creates content for and oversees the Foundation’s digital media including newsletter, website, and social media channels. In addition, this position helps to provide internal communications for Foundation committees, Trustees and Grant Partners. They will also coordinate meetings, staff events and workshops as well as provide event support for PMRCAA events.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Minimum 3+ years prior experience in digital media management, public relations, event management.
- Experience working or volunteering with non-profits.
- Exceptional organizational skills; critical thinker and natural networker.
- Demonstrated competence with digital media platforms including social media, WordPress, Constant Contact, Canva and others.
- Results oriented with a demonstrated ability to problem solve collaboratively and independently.
- Exceptional verbal/written communication skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
- Ability to deal with sensitive issues, escalating these to the Director of Foundation Operations or other appropriate staff in an expeditious, professional manner.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize without direct supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to complete tasks in a timely manner.
- Personal qualities: integrity, confidentiality and a commitment to the Foundation’s mission and values.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- 3-5 years’ experience Public Relations/Marketing
- Demonstrated experience with grant reporting and support.
- Relationships with communities and/or non-profits in rural Oregon.
- Lived rural experience.
- Multi-Lingual, Spanish preferred.
This is a non-exempt full-time employee position. Position compensation is $43,000-63,000/annually DOE.
Roundhouse Foundation provides group health insurance coverage (medical, dental, vision) for eligible employees working an average of at least 30 hours per week, subject to the terms of the health insurance plan.
This position allows for remote work 2-3 days per week.
- Primarily inside, seated or standing at a computer.
- Ability to lift 20+ pounds
- Limited physical activity on a daily basis; plus varied activity during special events.
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a pre-employment drug screening, background and driving record check.
All employees may be subject to reasonable suspicion drug and alcohol testing.
Our policies and practices provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals in leadership, staffing and service, regardless of race, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship status, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, religion and any status protected by law.
To apply please send resume, cover letter, 3 references and 2 writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org by 4pm PST, Friday, September 10.