About the Foundation
The Roundhouse Foundation is a private family foundation based in Sisters, Oregon, with a mission to support creative projects and organizations through art, environmental conservation, social services, community leadership, and education. The Foundation’s vision is to create a positive impact through collaboration in communities by encouraging creative problem solving, supporting innovative programming, and stimulating the economy. Roundhouse Foundation employees embrace and advance the common values of the organization: community enrichment, cross-generational support, arts and cultural awareness, and catalyzing change.
Pine Meadow Ranch Center for the Arts & Agriculture, a program of The Roundhouse Foundation, is a 260-acre working ranch serving as a learning lab for conservation, regenerative agricultural practices and creatively supporting economic development in a rural community. The Ranch also hosts a seasonal artist in residence program. The vision of the PMRCCA is to improve the well-being of people and place through the arts, stewardship, and sustainable agriculture, with the goal of preserving the land, views, and other assets of the historic ranch for years to come.
The Arts Program Associate supports the Artist in Residence Program as well as the day-to-day internal operations to ensure the program runs smoothly. This position serves as a concierge for residents throughout their stay at PMRCAA and works alongside PMRCAA staff to ensure residents are communicated with and able to connect with Central Oregon Community Partners. The Associate will work closely with the Arts team assisting and providing information for the jury process, be a liaison for the program within the local arts community and become familiar with local experts that may be a resource for the Artist Residents. The Associate coordinates special events and workshops at the PMRCAA with direction from the Arts Project Coordinator. They will also assist the Foundation Communications Associate as requested to help provide content for PMRCAA digital media platforms as well as assist with coordinating meetings and staff events for the Foundation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as a day-to-day office support person for the PMRCAA and Foundation including ensuring office phones and drop-ins are managed on a professional level.
- Work with PMRCAA Arts Project Coordinator to ensure Artist in Residence program is managed and maintained with high standards, including but not limited to: a.) Serving as an informed attendant with regard to local services for artists and other visitors; b.) Coordinating regular cleaning for residency and PMRCAA studio spaces; c.) Ensuring pantry and other supplies are stocked for residents and visitors to PMRCA; d.) Facilitating encounters with local artists for Residents
- Support the PMRCAA Arts Project Coordinator in researching and creating content for biannual anthologies, exhibition catalogues and any other publications as required.
- Assist in planning, organization, installation and deinstallation of exhibitions as required.
- Plan, implement and provide day-of support for events for the PMRCAA including Days of Inspiration, Artist Community Meet & Greets, and other special events as directed.
- Plan event details and aspects including but not limited to traffic flow, meals, seating if required, etc.
- Work with Foundation Communications Associate to ensure event details are promoted internally and externally, and performed at a superior level.
- Work within a given budget for each event and activity.
- Managing events and addressing potential problems that may arise; including planning for potential scenarios that could impact the integrity of events.
- Support the PMRCAA Arts Project Coordinator and Foundation Communications Associate as required.
- Other duties as directed.
- Minimum 3+ years prior experience in the art industry, event management, public relations, or hospitality.
- Experience working or volunteering with non-profits and/or arts organizations.
- Knowledge of artistic mediums, art history and an interest in learning about creative expression.
- Exceptional organizational skills; critical thinker and natural networker.
- Demonstrated competence in customer service.
- Results oriented with a demonstrated ability to problem solve collaboratively and independently.
- Exceptional verbal/written communication skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
- Ability to deal with sensitive issues, escalating these to the Arts Project Coordinator or other appropriate staff in an expeditious, professional manner.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize without direct supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to complete tasks in a timely manner.
- Personal qualities: integrity, confidentiality and a commitment to the Foundation’s mission and values.
- Bachelor’s Degree in arts, hospitality, marketing, or special events related field.
- Demonstrated experience with arts programming.
- Deep understanding of Oregon’s art scene.
- Relationships with central Oregon artists and arts organizations.
- Lived rural experience.
- Multi-Lingual, Spanish preferred.
This is a non-exempt full-time employee position. Position compensation is $43,000-63,000/annually DOE.
Roundhouse Foundation provides group health insurance coverage (medical, dental, vision) for eligible employees working an average of at least 30 hours per week, subject to the terms of the health insurance plan.
- Primarily inside, seated or standing at a computer.
- Ability to lift 20+ pounds
- Limited physical activity on a daily basis; plus varied activity during special events.
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a pre-employment drug screening, background and driving record check.
All employees may be subject to reasonable suspicion drug and alcohol testing.
Our policies and practices provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals in leadership, staffing and service, regardless of race, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship status, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, religion and any status protected by law.
To apply please send resume, cover letter, and 3 references to email@example.com
by 4pm PST, Friday, September 10.