- Department: Development
- Reports to: Executive Director
- Salary: $85,000
Evergreen Aviation & Space Museum (EASM) is committed to inspiring a community for innovation and discovery, preserve aerospace history, and honor those who serve. EASM is ushering in a new era with a bold and ambitious vision for the future including a re-imagined museum. More exciting, immersive exhibits that
inspire the next generation of aviators. A renewed commitment to education. Strategic partnerships on our 300-acre campus that amplify our strategic objectives. EASM is looking for a Development Director who is motivated by building a new future and having an impact that reverberates across the State of Oregon, the
Pacific Northwest and beyond. This position is responsible for playing a critical role of supporting major fundraising initiatives aimed at re-imagining the museum as well as developing and executing a comprehensive fundraising plan for membership and annual giving by performing the following duties. If you are an individual that is rooted in what is possible, then we want to hear from you.
- Formulate and expand development strategies that support the museum’s major initiatives now and into the future.
- Development and organization of a meaningful museum donor base.
- Maintain, manage, and market to donor database.
- Works closely with other departments to ensure the financial, operational, and cultural health of the organization in the present and future in accordance with the EASM strategic business plan and the vision and direction of the Executive Director.
- Initiates outreach and develops presentation to potential Corporate Partners of the museum.
- Develops and executes a strategic and comprehensive fundraising plan for membership and annual giving.
- Identifies, cultivates, solicits and stewards corporate and individual donors to increase the number and number of gifts and establishes connections with a variety of community stakeholders.
- Oversees daily activities with specific focus on individual donor development and solicitation; corporate fundraising; membership; and planning and execution of events.
- Oversees annual budget and forecasting of development goals.
Works with Executive Director to establish clear Key Performance Indicators and track performance outcomes monthly.
- Manages donor research strategies and industry trends to successfully advance donor relations.
- Plans, manages and executes the annual Fall Gala and other fundraising events as requested.
- Engages and supports the EASM Board of Directors on development efforts.
- Ensures appropriate and timely gift acknowledgements.
- Reports any follow up analysis of the fundraising activities to the Executive Director, EASM Board of Directors and Committees.
- Oversees grants program, researches foundations, writes grants, tracks requests and results, and provides reports.
- Oversees program’s database, membership renewals, special appeals, acknowledgements and special events.
- Maintains punctual, regular and predictable attendance.
Works collaboratively in a team environment with a spirit of cooperation.
- Respectfully takes direction from the Executive Director.
- Other duties as assigned.
Ability to perform essential job duties with or without reasonable accommodation and without posing a direct threat
to safety or health of employee or others. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform
each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or
ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
Find out more.