The Museum of Natural and Cultural History at the University of Oregon is hiring a temporary, part-time visitor experience and office assistant. The position will work 20-30 hours per week; Fridays and Saturdays are required; other work days are negotiable. The position has the potential to become a permanent, full-time position, eligible for University of Oregon’s excellent benefits package.
20-30 hours per week, $13.73-$15.81/hr. (depending on experience); onsite work is required.
The Visitor Experience and Office Assistant has excellent customer service skills and judgement and is adept at mentoring and supervising university student employees. This is an excellent opportunity for a new graduate or those re-entering the workforce and looking to sharpen skills in a supportive, dynamic environment.
Visitor Experience Support
· Supervise the museum’s public space Fridays and Saturdays.
· Open and close the facility using set procedures for security and cash handling.
· Promote/provide excellent customer service and health/safety measures during museum public hours by communicating with students, staff, and volunteers.
· Complete end-of-day reporting, balancing tills and revenue sheets on the POS system.
· Use excellent judgement to manage public interactions.
· Assist in coordinating the museum’s dynamic volunteer program including scheduling, maintaining files, and ongoing communications.
· Monitor entry to the main building during nonpublic hours; provide assistance and direction for deliveries and appointments.
· Oversee student positions responsible for office tasks including keeping common areas sanitized and organized
· Answer questions and offer resources for inquiries from the public in person, online or by phone, using information found on MNCH website re: dates, activities, procedures
· Excellent communication and customer service skills
· Fluent in MS Excel and Word and ability to learn new software applications
· Excellent time management skills
· Ability to work cooperatively with a diverse team
To Apply: Email your interest and resume of qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes will be reviewed beginning August 30; the position is open until filled.