The Museum of Natural and Cultural History at the University of Oregon is hiring a temporary, part-time business and marketing assistant. The position will work 20-30 hours per week with the potential to become a permanent, full-time position, eligible for University of Oregon’s excellent benefits package.
20-30 hours per week, $13.73-$15.81/hr (depending on experience); onsite work is required.
The Business and Marketing Assistant is a detail-oriented person who will learn and implement standards and practices that align with University of Oregon and Museum guidelines. This is an excellent opportunity for a new graduate or those re-entering the workforce and looking to sharpen skills in a supportive, dynamic environment.
Marketing and Communications Support
· Assist with public-facing communications
· Maintain the museum’s public event listings
· Gather content and compose volunteer newsletters that align to the museum's style guide
· Assist with the management of website content and respond to staff requests for content updates; build and maintain web-based registration forms
Business Office Support
· Coordinate between centralized business offices to prepare documentation for transactions (e.g. invoices, timesheets, reimbursements)
· Assist in accounts receivable activities
· Respond to requests from staff for accounting information (accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll)
· Strong attention to detail; precision in both written communications and data handling
· Experience or ability to quickly learn website content management
· Excellent written communication skills and a strong grasp of English grammar rules
· Fluent in MS Excel and Word
· Knowledge of web management programs such as Drupal and Wordpress
· Experience with Banner or other data and financial management platforms
To Apply: Send an email outlining your interest with a resume of qualifications to Kristin Strommer at firstname.lastname@example.org. Resume review will begin on August 30; the position is open until filled.