Job Title: Development Associate
Location: Portland, OR
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Expected Start Date: September 20, 2021
Position Type/Hours: Full-Time
Annual Salary Range: $50,000 - $55,000
World Forestry Center, a nonprofit organization dedicated to creating and inspiring champions of sustainable forestry (www.worldforestry.org) seeks a dynamic, detail-oriented individual to join our fundraising team as Development Associate. This is a new position created to help meet the growing needs of World Forestry Center. The Development Associate will plan, support, and coordinate annual fund fundraising initiatives. The ideal candidate should be a detail-orientated, mission-driven development
professional who is looking to deepen their expertise and grow with us as there is potential to take on additional responsibilities to advance within the growing fundraising team.
- Maintain the annual fundraising calendar and organize the pipeline of prospective donors to ensure timely activity and progress toward goals.
- Manage and execute the annual fund solicitations.
- Produce communications, appeals, events, program collateral associated with Forestry Leadership Hall.
- Schedule donor cultivation, briefing, and solicitation meetings on behalf of senior staff, board members, and key volunteers.
- Plan and execute meetings, tours, and special events to engage prospective and current donors.
- Assist with logistics for fundraising and stewardship events including, but not limited to, small gatherings, major donor events, and large-scale fundraisers.
- Draft fundraising materials, including letters to current and prospective donors, individualized proposals, briefing memos, talking points, and other preparatory or follow-up correspondence.
- Process all gifts, generate acknowledgements in a timely and consistent manner, and record gifts and other donor activity in the database.
- Conduct research on prospective individual, corporate, and foundation donors.
- Coordinate internal fundraising meetings, managing logistics, materials, and communications with staff and volunteers.
- Assist in drafting protocol and procedures for the fundraising department.
- Manage the CRM/donor database. Input data, produce reports, and ensure data integrity. Research, develop and implement best practices and new solutions for data maintenance and donor engagement.
- Active participant and support of organization wide Strategic Plan implementation and Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion work.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Maintain the grant tracking system including deadlines, contacts, submissions, report dates, and deliverables.
- Support department in other grant activities as assigned.
Find out more.