- Full-time, Exempt
- $60,673.60 - $72,800
- Health Care (medical, dental, vision, pharmacy)
- Application deadline is May 14, 2021
The Portland Art Museum and Northwest Film Center (referred to as Museum) invites applications for the position of Patron and Annual Giving Officer. The Patron and Annual Giving Officer is a member of the Development team, which is responsible for fundraising in support of the mission of the Portland Art Museum and Northwest Film Center (“the Museum”).
The Patron and Annual Giving Officer focuses on broadening the Museum’s base of support through established mid-level and annual giving programs and helps to maintain a culture of philanthropy at the Museum. In addition to engaging annual giving donors and moving them into the relationship-based major gift program, this role manages the Patron donor circle, which includes members who give between $2,000 and $25,000 on an annual basis. This role oversees revenue goals exceeding $1.6M and reports to the Associate Director of Individual Giving. This incumbent has a passion for art in its many forms and respect for the people who foster the arts within the community, and centering new ways of approaching philanthropic initiatives and practice.
The Portland Art Museum is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Black, Indigenous, and People of Color (BIPOC), immigrants, women, LGBTQ+, and individuals with disabilities, please apply!
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Leads Patron Program, including building new and sustaining current relationships, planning and implementing renewal packages, upgrade and acquisition campaigns, and oversees benefit fulfillment.
- Increases annual gift revenue while broadening the Museum’s base of support through direct mail and electronic solicitations, systematically moving annual giving donors into managed development programs.
- Works with the department to move toward unrestricted giving model, actively working towards equity and using an equity model in communications and marketing materials.
- With key colleagues, develops a plan to expand the Museum’s annual giving program, including exploring new opportunities like multi-channel digital campaigns and peer-to-peer fundraising.
- Collaborates with the Engagement and Marketing teams, ensuring that annual giving strategies are deployed in alignment with other communications and donor engagement strategies.
- Establishes and meets retention, acquisition and revenue goals for both Patron and Annual Giving programs.
- Works with the development department to meet internal and external equity goals, including equity communications plan.
- Participates in prospecting and other planning sessions to move Patrons through the major gift pipeline, in collaboration with the rest of the Individual Giving team. Implement an equity model to prioritize BIPOC and intersectional Patrons to better reflect our communities.
- Maintains Patron and annual donor records in the database and tracks and reports on fundraising progress as needed.
- Works with board members, volunteers, or other museum staff to identify and cultivate annual and patron prospects through personal outreach, events, and other opportunities for engagement.
- Works in partnership with the Assistant to the Director’s Office, Director of Community Philanthropy, and Director of Development to steward all Director’s Circle, Chairman’s Circle, and trustees, including tours, special access, and customized opportunities.
- Oversees Annual Giving marketing and promotions, including copy writing appeals, creation of print collateral, social media content, donor recognition, website content, and donor stories for the Portal member’s magazine. Uses the equity communications plan and equity lens within these projects.
- Coordinates third party vendors as needed for mailing projects, etc.
Find out more.