- Job Title:Volunteer & Program Coordinato
- Position Type:Part-time, hourly / non-exempt
- Pay:starts at $17/hour
- DOE Hours:Approximately 20-24 hours per week, weekends required
Responsible for the implementation of ScienceWorks’ Museum and Education programs according to institutional mission, vision, and values. Supports the success of all ScienceWorks’ departments through coordination of volunteer services and event participation.
The Education Department encompasses all K-12 education operations for our service region (<100kmfrom the Museum) and our distance learning initiatives which are built around the framework for Next-Generation Science Standards, including: onsite field trips, workshops, and performances/demonstrations; offsite workshops and demonstrations; teacher training; and ScienceWorks Online.The Museum Department encompasses all public-facing operations for public audiences from our service region (<100 km from the Museum) and tourist visitors, including: permanent and featured exhibits, facilities & maintenance, public programs,online programming, outreach, after-school activities, non-fundraiser special events, community connections, and indoor/outdoor space & party rentals.
Labor Level Description
Coordinators at ScienceWorks are either full-time non-exempt or part-time hourly employees,responsible for supervision of staff, interns, and volunteers for specific projects or a defined period of time; supporting institutional mission, vision, and values; and implementing strategic directions relevant to their department; collecting and reporting data.Coordinators are responsible for specific ongoing duties and tasks within their department.
Leads, assistants, temporary/seasonal staff, and volunteers
Major Areas of Responsibility
Find out more
- Delivery of Education and Museum programs
- Recruitment, onboarding, and coordination of volunteers.In collaboration with managers,supervision and training of volunteers.
- Development and training toward resource kits for Museum and Education programs and related products
- Maintaining Programs equipment, libraries, and object collections