- Begin ASAP
- Full-time: Monday-Friday, hours generally 9am-5pm
- This position can be located anywhere and report virtually. Once Covid-19 is no longer a threat, this position will require periodic travel, about 10% of the time.
- Starting salary range: $65,000-$80,000/year
- Benefits include: 401k, Paid Time Off, 14-15 paid company holidays per year, Health/Vision/and Dental Insurance, Bonus program, Parental/Paid Family Sick leave
About Design Museum Everywhere
Design Museum Everywhere is a new kind of museum: online, nomadic, and accessible to all. Instead of a single museum location, we pop-up in places where people already go, and produce high-quality media experience to support our mission to bring the transformative power of design everywhere. We believe design can change the world; done well, it can elevate our quality of life, make businesses more competitive, and protect our environment. We inspire people by showing what’s possible through public exhibitions and events, as well as our magazine, podcast, and online content. We educate people — from kids to CEOs — to become creative problem solvers using the design process. And we transform, using design to take action and make change, demonstrating its impact.
Our vision: Accessibility: Design is for everyone. Design is everywhere, so are we. We’re online and we pop-up in places all over to engage as many people as possible. And we’re committed to improving the gender and racial diversity of the design field. Improvement: Design solves problems. We are entrepreneurial and flexible, we are not constrained by existing approaches, we start with real-world problems and we’re committed to using design for the greater good. Community: Design is collaborative. We are a participatory museum, meaning there are many ways for individuals to not only enjoy our programming and content, but to be part of it as well. We’re collaborative and community-focused.
Design Museum Everywhere is seeking a full-time Director of Development to join our dynamic team. We seek an experienced fundraiser to design, implement, and manage all aspects of Design Museum’s development strategies.
This position reports to the Executive Director, Sam Aquillano, and interacts with most staff, Board & Council members, and other external community members on a regular basis. The Director of Development will oversee one direct report, and be instrumental in hiring this Development Associate early on in their tenure.
Successful candidates will have a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field with 6+ years of experience — or relevant, equivalent experience.
Develop and Direct Fundraising Strategy
- Work closely with Executive Director to develop and maintain a full development plan including annual funds, special campaigns, fundraising events, earned income, membership, grants, sponsorships, ticket sales, and more
- Manage development efforts of Board members, supporting them in creating a culture of philanthropy
Manage Fundraising Campaigns and Events
- Ensure that Design Museum meets its fundraising and budget goals and regularly report on progress to the Board and the Executive Director
- Coordinate campaigns throughout the year, including mailings, emails, personal asks of major donors, and other practices
- Ensure that donors are promptly acknowledged, stewarded, and provided opportunities to experience the impact of their gifts
- Develop and maintain donor relationships, pitching Design Museum Everywhere to various entities including major donors, corporate sponsors, foundation program officers, and more
- Coordinate and manage fundraising events
- Manage and direct our CRM (Kindful), ensuring accurate record tracking for data entry, gift processing, and acknowledgement letters
Manage Grants, Corporate Relationships, and Sponsorships
- Ensure that Design Museum develops and maintains strong relationships with funders locally and nationally
- Supervise grant applications and tracking, including timelines for grant proposals and reports
- Support management of ongoing relationships with institutional funders
- Work with Director of Marketing, other Design Museum staff, and other Design Museum community members to coordinate the design and distribution of marketing materials for fund development
- Collaborate with Marketing Director to ensure consistent, relevant communication with supporter community