- Location: Portland, OR, USA
- Salary: $45,000 - $52,000
- Regular - Full-Time
- Eligible for full benefits.
Reporting directly to the President and CEO, the Executive Assistant acts as a thought partner and trusted advisor to the President and plans and implements administrative, project management and operational activities for the President. The Executive Assistant organizes and prioritizes critical issues and required information to facilitate the President's effectiveness. The Executive Assistant serves as the primary point of contact for internal and external stakeholders and communicates on behalf of the President. The Executive Assistant also serves as a liaison to the Board of Trustees and coordinates the work of the Board and committees. This position manages a variety of special projects for the President, including cross-functional projects with multiple internal and external stakeholders. This position also provides scheduling and administrative support as needed to the Vice President of Campus Development.
Participate in programs/initiatives to enhance corporate culture, such as:
- Working effectively with and supporting volunteers throughout the organization.
- Supporting OMSI's Total Guest Experience (TGE)/Customer Service mission and objectives in daily job performance, including diversity initiatives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Performing the following may involve driving to various locations outside OMSI's corporate headquarters:
- Acts as a thought partner and trusted advisor to the President in setting the President's priorities and mapping the actions, steps, and resources needed to move initiatives forward; researches, prioritizes, and follows up on incoming issues and requests addressed to the President, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature. Determines appropriate course of action, referral, or response.
- Strategically manages the President's schedule, evaluating opportunities and determining fit with priorities, key initiative milestones, and long-term travel plans.
- Prepares meetings in advance to ensure the President has all of the information needed to be as productive as possible; sends out agendas and materials to meeting attendees as necessary; tracks and ensures completion of meeting follow-up items.
- Communicates directly, and on behalf of the President with a variety of internal and external stakeholders, including the senior management team, Board members, donors, and others, on matters related to President's programmatic initiatives; drafts reports, pitch decks, talking points, and presentations for the President.
- Coordinates OMSI Board and committee meetings; collaborates with trustees and the senior management team to schedule meetings, develop agendas, prepare meeting materials and track action items; transcribes meeting minutes; manages and maintains online Board portal; participates in onboarding new trustees and stewarding trustee relationships; plans and supports annual OMSI Board retreat.
- Manages a variety of special projects for the President, including cross-functional projects with multiple internal and external stakeholders.
- Provides scheduling and administrative support as needed for the Vice President of Campus Development.
- Works effectively with Development Department for donor cultivation, stewardship, and timely record keeping.
- Provides administrative and financial management for President's office including processing contracts, invoicing, expense reports, etc.; develops, monitors, and reports on departmental budget.
- This position is exempt, paid salaried
- This position is regular full-time, working 40 hours/week.
- Physical Demands: 60% Sitting 30% Standing 10% Lifting/Carrying/Pushing/Pulling 20 Pounds
- Noise level is moderate (examples: business office with computers and printers, light traffic).
- May supervise and train volunteers, interns or temporary staff in their efforts to support and organize administrative tasks.
- Assume other duties as assigned by the President and CEO.