Volunteer Coordinator II
The Oregon Museum of Science and Industry is seeking a Volunteer Coordinator II. This position is responsible for recruiting, screening, placing and providing general orientation for new volunteers, as well as providing for the recognition and retention of all volunteers at OMSI.
The ideal candidate must have, but not limited to:
- The ability to effectively work independently and with teams on multiple, simultaneous, diverse tasks with attention to details, accuracy and process orientation.
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal and customer service skills, in person and on the telephone, for working effectively with people of diverse ages, talent and background.
- Demonstrated excellent organizational skills and self-initiative to prioritize multiple projects in order to meet individual and Volunteer Services related deadlines.
- Demonstrated professional written and verbal skills, including presentation and public speaking skills.
- An understanding of confidentiality and protocol.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Flexibility to modify work schedule as needed.
- Demonstrated genuine interest in the success and growth of volunteers.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Working knowledge of best practices in volunteer coordination.
- Recruiting, screening, and training experience.
- Minimum 3 years of program coordination and project management experience.
- Minimum 1 year of working with the public in formal and informal settings.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Must pass all pre-employment and/or pre-duty checks, such as criminal background check, fingerprinting, reference checks, and requirements in the MVR Policy including passing Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) check for non-CDL Drivers.
- Previous non-profit/museum experience, experience with volunteer management software and bilingual Spanish/English is preferred.
Pay rate: $13.87 - $17.00 per hour.