Oregon Nikkei Endowment seeks an Education Manager to oversee the Center's Education, Family and Public Programs. The Education Manager will work closely with staff to conceptualize, design and carry out educational programming for all audiences. This position consists of:
- Managing a group of about 20 Docents and Educators;
- Conducting on-going trainings and evaluations of the Center's Educators and Docents;
- Planning, scheduling, staffing and facilitating family and public programs;
- Contributing team member, problem solver and initiator
- Design programs and write curriculum in accordance with Common Core Standards and in correspondence with the needs of classroom teachers;
- Continuing to build school, family and adult audiences through programming and events;
- Collaborating with the Director of Collections and Exhibits on exhibition interpretation and audience accessibility;
- Building relationship, communication and collaboration with Portland Public Schools and Portland-metro district school teachers.
Qualifications (required): A degree in Museum Education or Education. Familiarity with the Common Core Standards. Knowledge of Portland, the Pacific Northwest and U.S. history.
Preferred: Previous experience in the field of Museum Education and a sense of the field and teaching philosophies. Managerial experience, excellent written skills and ability to work extremely well with others. Experience conducting tours and training docents/educators of varied ages to conduct inquiry-based tours. Experience with fundraising events a plus.
This is a minimum 20+ hour part-time position ($20 hour) with potential to build to full-time with benefits. One weekend day will be required twice a month. Completed applications must be received by 5pm on September 30, 2015 (not a postmark deadline).
To apply, please submit an application, resume and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to Oregon Nikkei Endowment, 121 NW 2nd Avenue, Portland, OR 97209, Attn: EDU MGR Position. Successful candidates will be interviewed the week of October 5th and you will be contacted to schedule an interview with us. Estimated start date, October 27, 2015. For more information, see www.oregonnikkei.org.