Space Science Educator
Regular, Part-Time (19 hours per week)
We are searching for an engaging Space Science Educator! The Space Science Educator is responsible for the console operation of public astronomy and laser shows in the Planetarium. This position primarily implements interpretive programming for the visiting public, including schools, families, children, and adults. The educator will provide both structured interpretive programs and casual interpretative experiences for these audiences.
Successful candidates will have but not limited to:
· Good attention to detail.
· Excellent coordination and project management skills.
· Understanding of confidentiality and protocol.
· Professional communication skills, both written and oral.
· Ability to follow basic instructions.
· Strong customer service skills.
· Excellent organizational, analytical and problem solving skills.
· Strong presentation skills.
· Ability to work independently as well as in teams.
· Ability to work under pressure with flexibility.
· Computer literacy and mechanical aptitude, including working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
· Bachelor’s Degree in science, education, or communications, with college course work in science or equivalent combination of education and experience;
· Working knowledge of Science and Engineering process skills;
· Minimum 2 years delivering educational programming, and minimum of one year experience teaching in an informal setting (museum, zoo, nature preserve).
· Must pass all pre-employment and/or pre-duty checks, such as criminal background check and reference checks.
Bilingual - Spanish/English, Experience working with volunteers and previous non-profit/museum experience is preferred.
Pay Rate: $12.38 - $15.17 per hour.
Veterans are encouraged to apply.
If this sounds like the perfect position, please visit http://omsi.iapplicants.com/searchjobs.php.